Tuesday, July 6, 2010

CD21 Doc Appt

I went in for my CD21 check this morning after taking 100mg Clomid CD13-17. My right ovary had 6 follicles ranging from 14mm to 23mm. My left ovary had one follicle measuring 14mm.
Because I have a history of fraternal twins in my family and so many big follicles, my doc doesn't want me to trigger this month....and even said to use condoms for the next week!! What?! What is a condom?! LOL

If I didn't have to have another prescription of HCG to trigger, I think I would do it on my own.  Sure, there would be a huge chance of sextuplets but I'm sick of waiting! 

The plan is to take 75mg Clomid next month and then trigger. Because we plan to trigger next month I can't trigger this month without another prescription. 

I think I'm going to risk it and just have lots of sexy time and hope to ovulate on my own. Maybe my left ovary will be the one working and I'll end up with one implantation instead of 6! 

Also today he did a mucus check like always after we had sexy time this morning...Doc let me see the microscope slide....very cool!! I could see little spermies swimming around in my mucus!  The count looked good considering the high dose of Clomid I was on.  The idea is that if we drop it to 75mg Clomid more sperm have a chance of survival.


He gave me a prescription for progesterone to take for 21 days then I should start a period 2-3 days later.  Well, that is if I don't get pregnant after we have sex WITHOUT a condom this week! 

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I'm with ya. DTD without the condom and see what happens. I wouldn't trigger cause you could piss off your doc (and have to get another script at that). So, just jump your hubby and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought an OPK last night just to cover all my bases :)

    ReplyDelete