Thursday, August 12, 2010

CD13 ~ Doc Appointment

To sum it up...as soon as I got in my car I was in tears.

First of all we got off on the wrong foot because we had too much time between when we had sex and the post coital exam.  The window is 4 hours and and we were about 8 hours.  We were actually lucky to get any sex in at all last night because his work schedule is hella messed up.  So he does a mucus check and it's thick and cloudy....not good.  So then he does an ultrasound and says "it looks like you've already ovulated" WTF?!?!  We planned for him to call me when my bloodwork came back to confirm ovulation and would base that around whether I would trigger or not.

I just got the call......

My bloodwork confirmed that I have NOT ovulated and he also told me that I have one 18mm follicle on the left (he probably told me about the follicle during the exam but I was so focused on the word "ovulated" that I blanked everything else out at that moment).  Basically my body hated the Clomid at 75mg and messed up my mucus.  The plan is for me to go ahead and trigger today, have sexy time tonight and tomorrow night (and I'm throwing in another night for good measure) and pray for a miracle.  If I do not have AF by the 30th, then I'll go in for a pregnancy and progesterone test.  If negative then we are doing injectibles next month (covered by Tricare thank you government!) I have zero knowledge about injectibles.  Apparently it involves a lot of doctor visits and shots.  Wonderful.  If that doesn't work my only next option would be IUI and I found out today that Tricare will not cover any of it, no ultrasounds, no medicine, nothing but the doc does do a discount on the 1st ultrasound, no charge for the exam and no charge for any further ultrasounds.  All together, we'd have to pay about $550 to have IUI done.

I need to put my Google skills to work and find out about injectibles.

I'll be giving myself this trigger w/in the next hour...I'm scared shitless to do it to myself and my husband can't stand the sight of needles.  I'm on my own.  I'll post later about how the shot goes.

What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment