Sunday, August 1, 2010

Thoughts

I can't believe it's August already.  My husband is military and we're transferring soon....like as in November/December soon.

I've decided that if I'm not pregnant by the time we move, that I will take my time finding a new RE and do this without a doctor and see how it goes.  With the knowledge of a great new far away friend, I've found out that you can rub progesterone cream on yourself to get a period (so I won't need the Provera or Prometrium) and I can also take soy isoflavones (so I won't need Clomid).  Both of these can be bought at the health food store or online super cheap.  I've been reading up on the soy and a lot of people have success with it and you don't get the awful side effects like you do with Clomid.  I think it will be worth a try, especially since I know I won't be able to see a new RE right away.

Because of my temps and the OPK in July, I know I ovulated but just because you ovulate doesn't necessary mean the follicles break up and the egg(s) is released. Basically my hormone level changed but my ovaries didn't do their job.  Because of all this awful pain I've been having with Aygestin, I don't think my follicles broke open.  Since my ovaries didn't do their job, I really think I'm going to need the HCG shot this month.

My husband has 2 children with two different women.  ( I know, what a playa! One was a big mistake that happened in high school with a girlfriend and the other was with a wife a few years later).  Anyway, both of these kids were conceived in August.  The joke is that his fertile month is August.  Hopefully this is true 13 years later.

I had to make a run to Walgreens tonight to get some super duper huge pads so that I don't ruin my sheets! I proudly showed them to my husband...he wasn't impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment